Have you ever had a friend or a colleague, that works in the same field as you, send you an email asking if they can write a guest post on your website?
It sounds great. From your eyes, it is free content, and in most cases this is correct. Content is always good, however sometimes, this free content can be bad.
A guest post can be a double edged sword!!
- You will be doing something nice for a friend.
- You will have more potentially great content for your site.
- You will be noting them (not you) as an expert in your field of expertise.
- They will be most likely be linking to their own site from within your site on a highly targeted page.
- This can pass your potential and existing clients reading through your site to them instead of you, either by accident or most frighteningly when they are wondering who is the real expert.
- You will be giving them higher rankings in Google because you are now linking to their site (leaking PR and SEO value out to them) in a highly related field.
- You will very slightly drop your ranking because you are linking out to a competitor fighting for the same keywords, showing Google that even you consider them as an expert over your own expertise.
- You will not know how many other websites will contain the exact same content. By Google, this is called Duplicate Content, and you will be penalized for it in one way or another.
- You cannot assure the quality of the articles.Remember that your potential and existing clients will be reading these.
- Depending on what they want to include in the article (Picture, Code, etc…) it can potentially be a huge security risk.
We would HIGHLY recommend against taking on a guest post. However, If you feel that strongly about the friend or colleague and would still prefer to allow some posts, then we here at All Web n Mobile can help avoid as many of these cons while still preserving your SEO.
Now that you have seen how incredibly valuable it would be for them to write articles on your site. This is in fact is a great way to increase your SEO. You could use the same methods in reverse to any other colleagues that you have. It is a little cut throat, and a little bit like preying on the weak, but it is a valid and legal tactic that you will benefit from. Here is a break down:
BEST – Colleagues in Highly related fields (Writing articles about services they and you cover):
They would reap negative SEO and only friendly benefits, however you would gain HUGE SEO benefits
GREAT – Colleagues in Highly related fields but DO NOT overlap (Writing articles about a service they cover but is tightly related to your services):
They would gain some content and a referral type of friendly benefits, however you would gain Great and Potentially HUGE benefits
GOOD – Colleagues in fields that are not related (Writing articles about a service they cover but is NOT related to your services):
They would gain content valuable for them and a referral type friendly benefits, however you would gain some SEO benefits by the link and the potential referrals.
If you are interested in this approach, we here at All Web n Mobile have the team, expertise and the knowledge to make this happen. We will have our copywriters create the articles for the potential colleagues and guide you through the whole process to ensure that you gain the most SEO value out of this endeavor as possible. The articles will be 100% unique (NOT duplicate) and they will be favoring your business while still looking out for theirs. The reward for doing this will be HUGE as we mentioned above.
One of the most important services we offer with our business packages is the inclusion of consultations from real SEO experts. As you can see, some things may seem very innocuous and in reality they are in fact detrimental to your business.
Call us All Web n Mobile at 352-556-3926 to get you started on the right road to success with SEO.